Tuesday, October 13, 2009

Chicken Thighs with Sausage

Chicken Thighs with Sausage
& Braised Fennel

braised chicken thighsEvery once in a while I find a recipe that is perfect to my tastes and I want to immediately share it with everyone I know. I call them "As Good As It Gets"

This is one of those recipes. Actually, my wife found it in a recent Fine Cooking edition and we prepared it for some friends who felt the same as I did after tasting it and requested the recipe. We prepared it again for a friend recovering from surgery but this time we made a triple batch. Some for her dinner, some for our dinner, and some for the freezer for a later date. She loved it and requested the recipe and asked me to send a copy to her sister. So now I'm thinking this is a winner and I should share it with you.

It's not a difficult recipe but there are a lot of steps and takes your full attention. Like making risotto, you have to be there the whole time it's cooking. But the effort is well worth it. The recipe in Fine Cooking calls for using skinless bone-in chicken thighs, but the first time I made it I used boneless/skinless thighs. The second time I prepared it, I could only find bone-in chicken thighs with skin so I removed the skin myself. Which was better? I found no difference in taste with the bone-in or boneless but the latter was sure easier to manage while eating.

No comments:

Post a Comment